Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April Showers....

It's Wednesday already! so time for a new Squiggle creation :0)
This week I have been inspired by a few different challenges..
I am entering my card into the following -
PaperTakeWeekly - Do something different...

I have used a Squiggle Digi stamp called 'Brolly Girl' for my card. I had not used this cutie yet and thought the image was perfect for the April weather we are having here in Scotland!!
The layout is the fabulous sketch from Sketch & Stash, I have flipped it so I did'nt cover any of the image up :)
I have tried something different in that I have heavily distressed all the edges of my papers!! not my usual style :) although I must admit I love how it has turned out! even my hubby liked it, he thought the layers looked like fabric. I have also used colours & papers I would normally stick to for boy/male cards.
Cardstock is all Coredinations, the bottom layer has been embossed and sanded too. The spotty paper is from a Dovecraft Men's paper pad.
I have added touches of glitter to the image and glossy accents to the puddle and raindrops.

Let's hope the April Showers do bring May flowers!!!

Thanks for looking xx


12 comments:

Carol said...

I absolutely luuurrrvvveee this card Jen!! Left a comment for you on the dc site last night. Lotsa luv xxxx

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous card Jenny ~ fab image & colour combo & luv the layout xx Lizzy xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jenny, the blue and green go so well together.xxx

Lou said...

Hi!Jenny your card is lovely,the distressing/puddle and those fab splashes all just perfect.
Hope you get some sun in May for those flowers!hugs Lou.xx

debby4000 said...

Oh Fabulous card Jenny, love the colours and the sweet image.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

awhhhh this is just gorgeous! Hugs juls

Becky said...

Oh wow Jenny, love your card it's just so adorable!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Kat said...

This is beautiful Jenny. I love the image and the colour combo works really well. Love the distressing.....I'm usually so scared of doing it that it can hardly be seen!

Kat xx

Rach said...

awww Jenny, such a sweet card, great colours.x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

She is a real cutie and I love the colours. The distressing looks fab. I enjoy distressing occasionally for a change too. Quite different from your usual neat style but looks great. Marianne x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, she is lovely. Your distressed card looks really good. S xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love the colours, Sue x